ex-cess-An extreme or excessive amount or degree. Immoderate indulgence; intemperance in eating. drinking, etc.

bag-gage-Things that encumber one's freedom, progress, development,
or adaptability.

Friday, January 15, 2010

And so begins my first post. Why, you may be asking, are you wasting your precious few moments reading something that isn't going to tell you how to get your baby on a much needed sleep schedule, or how to get your dog to stop peeing on your in laws decorative table covers when you go over for one of your long overdue visits, or even how to get your partner to own up to the fact that they have been using your callous scraper while they're locked in the bathroom for what seems like hours. Yet, we all go through experiences that can be in some way connected and its nice to hear once and a while that your not crazy. I can tell you that your not alone and what may seem like horrendous, traumatic and trying times are...exactly that, and we all go through them.

And so I shall begin my tale of yesterday morning. I decided after a night of getting up constantly to feed my son, who has the audacity to be going through a growth spurt, that in my sleep deprived state I would try to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Do you have any idea where I may be going with this story?? Well, I took these jeans out of my drawer where they lay at the bottom of the pile underneath my pre-pregnancy fat pants, you know the ones usually worn around a girl's favorite time of the month. These pants were under my pre-pregnancy comfy pants, ones usually worn on rainy movie nights made of worn flannel that have some room for the popcorn and diet pop to expand. These pants were in turn under the jogging pants. Now, jogging pants, for me anyway, are the last resort pants, the ones that you never go out of the house in and are only ever worn in extreme circumstances. And then of course there were a few pairs of the inevitable maternity pants. So, if you have been paying attention, my pre-pregnancy jeans were at the bottom of a pile that illustrates my bodies changes throughout my pregnancy. However, the fact that 3 months later I'm still wearing my maternity pants should then illustrate that my body has yet to figure out that we're no longer pregnant!



So I then turned off the lights, as there was no need to face the problem head on, shut the blinds, turned away from the mirror, and, unlike the rest of the world, I decided to not take any chances and put my pants on both legs at once. I'm not to sure why I did it this way, perhaps I felt that a little momentum may help in this situation, or maybe it was the simple fact that I knew once I saw how bad the situation was with one leg that I wouldn't dare try the second one, let alone try to pull them up. Well lets just say that no amount of momentum short of a speeding freight train was going to get those jeans p and over my baby luvin thighs. So there I was, in the dark, sitting in a heap amongst my used-to-be fat pants that are now just pants, the ones that still fit anyway, used-to-be skinny pants around my thighs, crying. Now were not talking just a few tears but rather full out uncontrollable heaving with legs and arms flailing, basically, I was having a 28 year old temper tantrum. I suppose I could blame it on the lack of sleep or hormones but I would like to reserve the right to use those excuses at a later date preferably for something I have said to my husband and feel the need to take back for whatever reason.

By the time I had pulled myself together and managed to peel myself, or rather my thighs out of my once favorite pair of jeans, I had come up with a plan. This plan is how I have ended up here, writing this blog. I want to lose weight but to do so I need to feel like I have to answer to someone, namely who ever may mistakenly stumble across my blog. I plan to fit back into my jeans by July 1, 2010 and keep you all posted along the way. I have to say that as I got dressed, there was a little extra bounce in my step, I put a little extra effort into making myself up. I was feeling great about my new plan, then I turned on the light, looked in the mirror and realised that even though the baby was late in getting up, my milk was right on time.

So there it is, Monday January 18Th I will begin to lose some of this excess baggage....

2 comments:

  1. I laughed, I cried, I love it!!! Good job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!!! I loved your first installment and I look forward to hearing more about your tales of losing the excess baggage as I as well will be doing the same thing, or at least I need to start, so perhaps maybe we can be accountable to one another?? Good luck and I hope it goes well!!! Give me a call if you need to chat, I'm always around :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete